Manualidad navideña para el salón de clases: libritos de conteo por saltos.
What You Need:
- card stock
- at least five different holiday stamps
- ink pads in holiday colors
- markers or crayons
What You Do:
- Staple five card stock pages into a booklet.
- Ask your child to select a stamp, press it onto the ink pad, and stamp the selected image twice in the center of the first page. Under your child’s stamps, write words to describe what you see, for example, “Two snowmen.” Then ask your child to use a marker or crayon to write the numeral 2 at the top of the page.
- Repeat this process with the next stamp, only this time have your child stamp two objects, then two more beneath it. Ask your child how many items he sees, then write the words beneath the pictures, for example, “Four candy canes.” Your child should write the corresponding numeral, 4, at the top of the page.
- Continue in this manner, with six objects on the next page, eight on the following, and ten on the last page. Let your child decorate the booklet as he’d like and when it’s complete, read it together. Pause on each page and ask your child to predict which number will come next.
Still feeling crafty? Use the stamps and card stock to create holiday cards. For each card, give your child an even number and challenge him to count it out as fast as he can, using skip counting. Voila! A cute treat to send to relatives and a nice way to add some creativity to this important math skill.
For more ideas, go to Education.com, which aims to empower teachers to help students build essential skills and excel. With over 12 million members, Education.com provides educators of all kinds with high-quality learning resources, including worksheets, lesson plans, digital games, an online guided learning platform, and more.